RE: Upgrading video card: Best of these three?

> From: Kristian Rink [mailto:celestial_spirit@web.de]

> >  To be fair, it's not really Nvidia's fault, they licensed
> > technology for their cards from other people and don't have the right
> > to release the source code for driving that stuff.
>
> Hmmmmmm, okay, but *seems* (as far as I know) their first
> driver releases were open-source, am I right? Does anybody
> know why it changed? Legal issues?

 Yeah, they were open-source. But they were nearly useless for
development. They had been run through the C preprocessor first. So:
(a) no comments, (b) no symbolic constant names, and (c) no easy-
to-find macros. Makes comprehension a real... challenge.

 Like I said, not quite their fault, but there are other companies
that *didn't* license closed technology.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles      (248) 377-7735       ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 The above opinions are probably not those of FANUC Robotics. Yet.