Re: Question about potato/woody

> I'm a potato user and I would like to know some things about it.
> I use my computer at home just to work, but I would like to know if I should
> upgrade to woody, because I would like to have the last packages of some
> programs, and potato does not have the last version(stable or not), and It
> really annoys me.
>
> So, any suggestions?

If you get annoyed by not having the latest version then you probably need to
upgrade.
But bear in mind that it is titled as unstable. Although past expreince shows
that it is rather stable, it could get broken. For example, a couple of weeks
ago a libc upgrade broke exim and for a couple of days I could not get or send
e-mail.

My suggestion is not to use it on a production machine unless one has to, and
at least waiting to hear that everything is stable enough.