Re: Which editor for programming?

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 03:54:17AM -0500, wmwaisse wrote:

>  For sure, Vi and Emacs are the standards, but Since I discvered
> Kdevelop 1.2 ( standard with Kde ), I always use it , and I earn
> much time using it.

    I think one of the reasons why I use Vim is because it's very easy to
build on all the platforms that I work on. Kdevelop would be fine for my Linux
box, but then I wouldn't have it on HPUX at work. I'd have to build all the
base libraries for KDE, which is time consuming.
    With Vim, I have a graphical, language sensitive editor with tons of
features (I seem to discover a new one each day), and I have it available on
HPUX, Linux and *shudder* Windows.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX