Re: Command-lineMail Client?

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000, Casey Henderson wrote:

> Hello all,
>    I am looking for a good command-line mail client that I can use from
> a shell script.  Here's what I'm trying to do:

Have a look at a small perl script called SendEmail.
Placing below a clip of the README file from the package.

Looks like this will your bill. Can mail you a tarball in case
you need (personal mail only).

-------------<clip>------------------------

Written by: Brandon Zehm <caspian@linuxfreak.com>
Homepage:   http://marvin.criadvantage.com/caspian

SendEmail is a lightweight, completly command line based,
SMTP email agent. If you have the need to send email from
the command line, this tool is perfect. It was designed to
be used in bash scripts, Perl programs, and web sites, but
it is also quite useful in many other contexts.  SendEmail
is written in Perl  and is unique in that it  requires  NO
SPECIAL MODULES. It has a very simple interface, making it
very easy to use.

HTH

USM Bish