Re: Netscape crashing (even more) when using junkbuster

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 10:32:01AM -0200, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've read the threat on Junkbuster, and decided to try it. It works
> fine with Netscape 4.75 here, but Netscape began to crash a lot since
> then. Not that it didn't crash before... But that didn't happen often.
> Actually, I can't remember any occasion in which Netscape crashed in
> the last 2 months... And it crashed 5 times this morning, after I
> started using junkbuster!
>
> Now it seems that every 10 minutes or soi it crashes (with a bus
> error).
>
> I've already disabled java and javascript... And it's still
> crashing.
>
> Any idea of what's wrong?

i found that if i edit the junkbuster blockfile while netscape is
running it will usually crash on the next network access.  also
restarting junkbuster will usually kill netscape too.  so long as i
leave the junkbuster files alone netscape seems fine.  its only when i
tinker with junkbusters config files/blockfiles that netscape starts
dying.

do nuke netscapes cache after altering junkbusters config though.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/