Re: tkdvi

> Hi
> I installed tkdvi but - does not execute, basically nothing happens

What exit code is reported (echo $? from the shell prompt)?
Any reports in ~/.xsession-errors?

> At installation time(via dselect) no dependencies were asked for.

Probably all dependencies that are required by the package are met on your
system.

> I assume that some dependencies are missing .

Either that or the fact that the program is still alpha.

> Any ideeas please?

Are you able to view dvi files by other means? This will help to eliminate any
missing dependencies. + file a bug report.