Re: ip-up: slrnpull does not work.

On 01 Nov 2000, Johann Spies wrote:
> There is a slrnpull script in my /etc/ppp/ip-up.d directory, but it
> does not work. I have to do a "sudo slrnpull" every time I want to
> download news while online.
>
> It seems that the other ip-up scripts are working.
>
> How can reconfigure slrnpull to download newsgroups while I am online?
>
> Johann
> --

Actually I prefer to run slrnpull (or leafnode) manually. I don't always
want it to run when I log on because I sometimes want maximum speed for
other purposes. I have short scripts for both fetchmail and getting news
and run these as required.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.2 (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/

"Palo y tente tieso." (Spanish proverb)
Free translation: "Holdfast is your only dog."