Re: /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin?

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 11:37:02AM -0800, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> This only works if you can physically secure your system.  I prefer
> *not* to leave *any* open sessions on VCs, particularly when I'm running
> principally in X and forget about them.

thats what vlock and screen are for.  ;-)

> Better to have an x-terminal open to root, IMO, if you really need it.

true, i even use vlock/screen to lock root sessions in X combined
with xscreensaver locking the whole X session.  of course you need to
use xdm or wdm for that to be secure, otherwise control alt F1 and
suspend or kill X to get at your shell.

now if only there was a way to make vlock run automatically when your
session is idle... (wonder if screen can do that... have to check when
i have a moment)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/