whence "ping -w"?

On the previous linux version I had installed (redhat 6.x I believe), I
swear I remember ping having an option "-w" to set the timeout value, ie
how long to wait for a reply before failing.  However, in the debian woody
I just installed, ping has no such option.  I tried both the "netkit-ping"
nor "iputils-ping" packages, but they seem to be identical in that respect.

Can anyone tell me where to find this ping command that offers a "-w"
option (or any other option to set the timeout)?  Or maybe I'm just crazy
and mis-remembering things?  Or if not, why isn't it available in debian?

Thanks,
--
Will Day     <PGP mail preferred>     OIT / O&E / Technical Support
willday@rom.oit.gatech.edu            Georgia Tech, Atlanta 30332-0715