Re: Strange PPP server

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 10:24:09PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Jonathan Markevich writes:
> > I don't understand getting the PPP garbage right away...
>
> It means that the ISP wants to use PAP or CHAP authentication.

> If this doesn't work ask for help again.

Ooops, sorry, forgot the parameter to pon!

I got the PAP request garbage and the connect script fails.

I ran pppconfig, properly, like a sane individual, and it seemed to work!

I guess I misunderstood the second parameter in pap-secrets... it was all
trying to connect with a separate set of credentials.

I'm not connected yet, but the problem is more with the provider now.
Thanks again.

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://www.geocities.com/jmarkevich

All his life he has looked away... to the horizon, to the sky,
to the future.  Never his mind on where he was, on what he was doing.
		-- Yoda