Re: installation

Quoting www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install,

On some systems, such as the IBM PS/1 or ValuePoint (which have ST-506
disk drivers), the IDE drive may not be properly recognized. Again, try it
first
without the parameters and see if the IDE drive is recognized properly. If not,
determine your drive geometry (cylinders, heads, and sectors), and use the
parameter hd=cylinders,heads,sectors.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

i've bought my first Linux distibution -  Debian distribution.
I'm not able to install it.
The system tries to start a network installation, even if my PC is a home stand-alone systemm, by receiving the following message : ' NO HARD DRIVES COULD BE FOUND'.
On my PC i have two hard disks. One of them is a 4GB hard drive. The DOS/WIN partition on it has been erased by using the DOS Fdisk utility so the disk is completely free for a Linux partition.
The hard-disk is defined on the IDE primary channel as a master drive.
What can i  do to remove this problem and to have finally my personal Linux installation.

Many Thanks to any contribution.

Giulio Ferrero (Turin-Italy)

--- End Message ---

	Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>