Kernel-Module for Intel 82595-Based Ethernet Card

Hi,

do you know, how I can compile a kernel with

make menuconfig

for modularized support of  the Intel 82595-Based Ethernet Card?

In the directory /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.17/drivers/net you'll find
eepro.c
eepro100.c
eexpress.c
as C program textfiles, but I don't see there an relation between
the menupoint  "Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit) - EtherExpressPro/100 support" !
Is this -single- choice able to support all types of Intel-Ethernet Cards ??
After compilation of an adapted -successfully 2 processors (Intel Pebtium I, 133Mcs)
supporting- kernel, my ether-card will not be recognized during booting up.
By the way, this ether-card works with the generic kernel, which was installed
at the initial Debian 2.2 installation.

Has somebody an idea, how to do correctly?
Many thanks,

Christoph Walther

Email: mailto:christoph.walther@telekom.de