Re: Printer advice EPSON 740

Joakim Svensson wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am running woody and am about to get my EPSON 740 printer
> up and running.
>
> What are the prefered way to do this ?  I am thinking
>
> Ghostscript
> gimp-print stp driver
> what else ? magicfilter
> what are PDQ,CUPS,LPD ? can it help me ?
>
> Has anyone done this ?
> Do I have to get gs source and compile myself or are there a
> working solution in woody ?

www.linuxprinting.org says the gimp-print driver is the best.  I
compiled a copy of gs-aladdin with that one included to create a deb.  I
have some filters for magicfilter too.  Look at:

http://www.mindspring.net/~keithmur/stp

I'm going to try to put that stuff there sometime tonight.

Did I mention that they work?  :-)

> I have done this once before (not with stp) but from what I can
> remember there are no drivers (stp740...) included in the gs
> debian provides.

You are correct, last time I looked.