PPP problem

Hi there.
I've two linux boxes connected with null modem serial cable, lets call them
A and B. I can establish connection with Seyon from A to B (running getty),
so hardware is working. But, when I start pppd in B with this seyon-getty
connection, pppd doesn't start giving me this garbage including
{-characters. It just starts, and gives nothing, it seems to hang (even
prompt doesn't come back). To get serial (Seyon) connection back in live, I
have to kill pppd directly from B's console. After that prompt appers back
in Seyon. If I run pppd in for example B's tty1 (i.e. from console), it
gives me these ppp-frames. What could be wrong? My kernel is 2.2.15, and I
_do_ have ppp enabled in it.

thanks in advance,

Petteri Heinonen
email: h157056@cs.tut.fi