Re: What are the Essential Packages?

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 03:35:28PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:

> > If you want to learn more, go to
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
>
> I don't understand what linuxfromscratch has to do with this. Isn't that
> about doing without any distribution?

Yes. Note that I said "If you want to learn *more*..." I stand by that. If
one wants to learn MORE about the bare minimum needed to run Linux, then
that is one way to go. I did give a additional suggestion that _entailed_
installing base and going on from there. No where did the poster indicate he
didn't know how to begin an install.

> Whereas I have even less compassion for people who flame others without
> reading what they wrote. :-P

<groan> If the shoe fits...

--
Bob Bernstein