Re: Debian 2.2 Potato install

> Does the simple install as described in Debians HOWTO actually work, or
> wasn't it included in this distribution?

I am not sure what exactly do you mean by "Debians HOWTO", but the
installation process that is described on www.debian.org and on the
documentation section of the Debian CDs is supposed to be working. Of course,
as you can see in this mailing list, there are problems for some users. Why
won't you try it out?