Re: procmail - filtering already received mails

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 03:28:48AM +0200, Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to filter already received mails (in a maildir) through procmail.
> My latest "approach" is executing
>
> for i in `ls`; do
>   echo -n "$i: ";
>   procmail < $i && rm $i;
>   echo "done.";
> done
>
> in SomeMaildir/cur
>
> advantage: it is working
> disadvantage: it is incredibly slow (5 seconds per mail)
>
> Does anybody know a better solution.

After hanging around in front of my computer, getting tired, watching the mails drop into their folders, I backgrounded the script and a few seconds later all my mails were filtered.

I still don't understand what was going on, but with this one it worked fine.

(for i in `ls`; do echo -n "$i: "; procmail < $i && rm $i; echo "done."; done) > ../log 2>&1 &

c'ya
ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------