Re: sawmill + gnome?

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 11:55:31AM -0700, Ron Farrer wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I am trying to get sawmill to work correctly with gnome. Previously I
> was using windowmaker.
>
> For right now I just want to know what I am _supposed_ to have in these
> boxes inside gnomecc:
>
> Name: - I just put "Sawmill/Sawfish"
>
> Command: - '/usr/bin/sawmill' is what I have or do I need something else?
>
> Configuration Command: '/usr/bin/sawmill-capplet' is that correct?

ASAIK, it's sawmill-ui ( sawmill-capplet does not exists on my system (2.2)

> Window manager is session managed - not sure? sawmill didn't want to
>                                     load when I did this..

I selected NO, but I'm not sure either

> Here is my setup: gdm -> gnome-session: which is supposed to load
> sawmill and panel, but panel never loads... and when I exec it from
> a term it complains that pager_applet is not responding to save
> yourself.

Try removing the offendin applet from the panel applet list. At a first
glance, the list should be the file  ".gnome/panel.d/default/Applet_Config"
(never tried that myself, anyway ).

> TIA,
>
> Ron

Ciao