Re: woody: xterm "clients" (mc, lynx) do not use the xtrem* from Xresources?

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 11:10:03AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> Thanks. You have given me an intermediate solution.
> When I press Ctrl-<Right Click> on the opened text app (be it top, mc,
> gnuplot) I can see that the VT Fonts are the default fonts. I can then choose
> Huge in order to get the fonts and window size that I am used to.
> Well, almost. Having the text app resized window lying on top of an xterm
> shows that the xterm window is still a bit wider.
>
> What is the required resource for getting a Huge fonts in any xterm?

XTerm*Font

> Changing xterm*Font into Xterm*Font made the xterm window have the
> size of the smaller size of the windows of the text apps and not the
> other way around.

Right, and case matters.  XT, not Xt.

> And the underlying problem remains:  Why are all these text apps
> being started in a smaller window?  It was not like that before.  Is
> there a bug somewhere?  Am I the only one who have this problem?

As I recall, top has started in a window named 'Top' forever.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting