Re: woody: xterm "clients" (mc, lynx) do not use the xtrem* from Xresources?

On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 07:49:50AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> I was not explaining myself well. Allow me to try once more:
>
> I have a 14" screen. When I am using Debian's menu system and issue
> 	XShells->Xterm
> I am getting an xterm whose width is roughly the width of my screen. I believe
> that this is due to my use of
> 	xterm*Font:           10x20
> in my `/.Xresources, which forces the xterm window to be of a certain width.
> Until recently, when I used, for example, Apps->System->Top to see the
> processes on the machine I was getting a window which had the size of the
> above xterm. But starting from Yesterday this is not the case. Now top (or
> other text apps) window is much smaller then my xterms. My guess is that for
> some reason the xterm*Font is not used anymore by these apps. How can I fix it
> so that these xterm "clients" will be opened in a window which has the size of
> my xterms?
> My window manager is fvwm.

Are you positive it's being run with xterm and not some other
x-terminal-emulator (kvt, rxvt, gnome-terminal, etc...)?  There are some
subtle differences between xterm*font, Xterm*font, xterm*Font and
Xterm*Font. In an xterm, Ctrl-<Right Click> should allow you to change
the font size on the fly as well (if it doesn't give you a menu -- maybe
it's not an xterm...).

--
MegaHAL quote:
	I think a blowpipe is a marijuana cigarrette.