Re: Corel to Debian micro-howto

Aaron Maxwell <amaxwell@phy.ucsf.edu> wrote (among other things):
>3.  Remove all packages with the string "corel" in them.  You can get
>4.  Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to where the new packages are
>5.  As root type:
>      apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

Okay, I am about to attempt this, and I have a couple questions about the
transformation:

1) When this is all done, will settings in /etc, such as my network
settings be changed?

2) Will the kernel be replaced?

It's not a big deal if it changes these things. In fact, I'd like to get
the installation to be as "pure" Debian as I can get. My internet
connection depends on both of these items, and I'd like to know if/when it
will be affected.

john