Let my people go

Well I am "posting" from the newsgroup. Wanted to get all that mail off
my shell account quota. The only drawback is the delay in seeing
posts. A post or followup will not go to the mailing list, I use reply
(email) for followup and shellout with a little script for a first
post.  A post or followup will be posted in this group even though
it never makes it to the mail list. A reply (email) goes to the list
if one is subscribed and is then propagated to the newsgroup.

 What happens is people wander into the newsgroup thinking it is a
regular legitimate newsgroup not realizing that it is an illegitimate
and defunct appendage to a mailing list, They post and followup not
realizing that their posts are never seen by the authors of the majority
of the "articles". Some of these people may be reading this right now.
Well let me be your Moses and lead you out of the darkness and into
the light.

                                                       cmos