netscape bookmarks in both win and linux

I intend to use my netscape bookmark.htm from my windows-partition for
linux as well. So I made a soft-link from my windows-netscape bookmark.htm
to ~/.netscape/bookmarks.html. Works fine, except for one thing.. Netscape sometimes replaces the link with a copy. Why?

This solution also makes it impossible to add bookmarks from linux as
the mounted windows-partition of course belongs to root. What's a easy
(and safe) way to solve this?