Debian in Academic and Public Organisations

Folks,

I am a Computer Science professor at American University in Washington
D.C.

I want  to recommend that we  replace Solaris in  our Computer Science
department with  Debian.  In doing so,  I know that  we will encounter
problems  wuite  specific to  the  public  (as  in non-profit,  public
sector) and  academic nature  of the enterprise.   I want  to advocate
Debian over  RedHat and  TurboLinux who are  trying to sell  into this
market.

Is there  anyone else out there  in this kind of  organisation, who is
using Debian in  this kind of environment?  Contact  me and let's band
together!

Simon Read