RE: Debian Printing

The lp was not in my /etc/modules files so I used modconfig to add it.  When
rebooting, the messages indicated I had a device lp0.  I then used
magicfilterconfig and it complained about an existing /etc/printcap file so
I renamed the existing file and used magicfilterconfig again and answered
the questions on my printer.  When doing "cat /etc/printcap > /dev/lp0" or
"lpr /etc/printcap"  I get no response and nothing printed.  Do I have to
reboot again?  When I do "lpc status", I get a one line response with a
printer name of lp@hostname and it says printing and spooling is enabled.
When I do "lpd" I get "fatal error, another printer spooler is using TCP
printer port, possibly lpd process '491'".