can't remove "directories"

I installed the Opera browser and it put some weird looking
directories in my user directory, and (yes I know I was stupid for
doing this) I tried removing them with rm -rf ??* (in my user
directory)

The short story is I messed up my system but I don't know how badly
yet.  How do I remove the remaining directory with the name "??\?("  ?

I am not going to be trying the Opera browser again anytime soon,
that's for sure.  I deleted my ~/bin and I don't know what else yet.

thanks

--
Andrew