Re: identd problems

Hi all,

I recently found out that neither talk nor identd were working and
after reloading inetd the following errors appeared in syslog.

inetd[9663]: ntalk/udp: unknown service
inetd[9663]: ident/tcp: unknown service

Now, I purged and reinstalled pidentd and talkd but no change.

In inetd.conf the relevant lines look like:

talk   dgram  udp  wait  nobody.tty  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/in.talkd
ntalk  dgram  udp  wait  nobody.tty  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/in.ntalkd
ident  stream tcp  wait    identd    /usr/sbin/identd identd

And these are written in /etc/services too.

I checked these with a working sparc potato installation
and an i386 woody installation.
I found no differences...
Suspecting a corrupt inetd I compiled netbase and reinstalled. No
change...

I'm a bit lost as to where to look from now.
Any pointers ?

TIA
--
H.Servomaa