Re: Movie Player for .dat files?

Subject: Re: Movie Player for .dat files?

> www.mpegtv.com has a good videoCD player,(.dat) can run full screen and is
> multithreaded, runs great. kind of tricky to get fullscreen going though
> took me a while.

    Thanks, but I am not able to get te fullscreen mode. When I switch it
on, the player
takes the entire screen, but the movie itself is limited to the central part
of the screen
and is actually smaller than in the normal mode. The Readme file says
requires
that an X server with DGA is required, What is this DGA? I am stuck with and
odd
card that does not properly get mode tuned with XFree86_SVGA. Since it
supports
VESA BIOS Extensioin 2.0 I am using Frame Buffer X Server XFree86_FBDev.
with the kernel frame buffer device turned on using video=vesa:pmipal,mtrr
kernel
param(Ref /usr/src/linux/Documetation/framebuffer.txt).
The problem with this is that it is unaccelerated. Still I am able to get
comparable
perfromance to playing in Windows.

Another utillity which makes other OSes to run on Linux, VMWare for Linux
also requires this DGA
stuff. It also warned me that full screen mode is not possible  since DGA is
not in the X Server.

If you have any info on this DGA please let me know

Thanking you

Previ