Re: question about CD rom install

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 09:36:49AM -0800, Xucaen wrote:
> Hi all (again)
> lastnight I did an install from CD ROM (debian
> 2.2r2)
> when the package menu came up, and I started
> checking off packages I wanted to install, I
> noticed that emacs and apache weren't on the
> list. I was wondering if emacs and apache are
> part of another package? (I chose the 'simple'
> menu)

I think you have just seen the task-xyz packages.
Task-packages are just meta-packages.

If you have added all CDs to apt (this should be done while the
installation, but you can do it afterwards with apt-cdrom, too).
You can install single packages with "apt-get install foo".

Searching can be done with "apt-cache search regexFoo".

--
Thomas Guettler
Office: <guettli@interface-business.de> www.interface-business.de