Re: FreeBSD --> Debian

debian@thebsdbox.net wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been using FreeBSD for a long time now and would
> like to try out Debian.  The install looks to be confusing.
> I'd like to do a network install.  I can't find a straight answer
> in the docs...
>
> Can anyone tell me can I install via FTP?  Exactly which
> floppies will I need to get going?

you will need boot & root disks, plus the driver disks. assuming
your network card is supported you can use ftp (i prefer http)
to download the base and the rest of the system.

comming from freebsd im suprised it was difficult for you :)
the last time i tried freebsd was 4.0-release and the
installation felt much more complicated(not as bad as openbsd
though).

nate

--
:::