Re: XFree 4.0.2, testing all new stuff to me

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:44:09PM -0500, Jonathan Markevich wrote:
> I'm wondering what to put in sources.list for the new testing distribution.
> I've been holding off a wholesale woody upgrade for something exactly like
> this!

You would change ("stable" or "potato") to ("testing" or "woody")
such as:
  deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free

> When I tried just changing my potato entries to woody, I get threats to
> remove kdebase.  I've begun to rely an awful lot on KDE2 lately... are my
> fears of KDE rejection unwarranted?  I'd also like to get the latest X,
> since I'm still running 3.x, it might just be time to leap!  Where is it?
> Woody?  If so, is it named something different, like xfree-4 or is there X
> 3.x at all in Woody?  (I want that XRender extension...!)

>From what I have read testing/woody has been rolled back to potato 2.2r2, so
I would think you woud experience no change in packages at this time,
including KDE packages.

I also read that Xfree4.01 will not be in testing for a while, which leaves
you with Xfree3.3.6 for now.

> Any pointers, or should I just hold on and wait for a bigger announcement?

Don't really know. Have read that testing may not be completely ready yet, but
don't know if that is true. Maybe give it a week, or do some research, and try
it. It sounds good to me.

Kevin