Re: resque.bin problem

I copied rescue.bin onto a floppy using dd on a unix machine.
It also failed to be recognized by my Mac G3.
Is it corrupted?

What did work was using BootX 1.2.2 which is a Mac program
that launches linux. You need the kernel, ie the file called 'linux',
and root.bin
That will launch the debian installer and you're on the way.

follow ups to debian-powerpc

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 07:27:06PM -0800, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
>    Hello Oleg,
> I think you might find a lot more help for your specific hardware
> here:

snip

--
      *** Dr P's Book Knowledge, Hell's Bibliophiles, and ****
      *  somewhere over the rainbow, a 99% text-only website *