Re: Newbie Question

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 02:34:13PM +0100, bulls_b@gmx.de wrote:
> Hallo Folks,
>
> I've just swaped from Suse to debian 2.2.

good idea.

> The whole system runs just fine
> but I can´t mount my floppy or cd.

If you want to mount as normal user, check the permissions of the
devices (/dev/fd0) you need to be in the appropriate group (floppy).

> The system knows my device when I am installing packages, but not
> from the console or from gnome. I must add, that I am running an
> scsi-cdrom.

What tool produces what kind of error-message?

> Is there a setup programm (just like this for the
> installation).  Thanks for your help.

I prefere apt-cdrom/cache/get to dselect. There is no tool like Yast,
but there are commandline-tools. They are more powerfull.

--
Thomas Guettler
Office: <guettli@interface-business.de> www.interface-business.de