Re: Why does the server allow attachments anyway ???

The only issue is poor murphy!  D-U gets a hundred emails a day, god only
knows how much the other lists get (actually I probably could give you a
guess, but I'm not in the mood for it...) plus (still?) hosts the
@debian.org addresses.  Throw in a filter that requires any more than
basic yes/no checks of small strings would be prohibitive...  Having said
this, I can see a two step plan to solve this--1) move the lists that are
most likely to be hit by a trojan (d-u, d-win32, d-www, etc) to another
server 2) put filters on that server.

--
When you are having a bad day, and it seems like everybody is trying to
tick you off, remember that it takes 42 muscles to produce a frown, but

Who is John galt?  Galt@inconnu.isu.edu, that's who!