Re: sound-slot-0 not found

It's part of ALSA--Basically, ALSA is looking for the alsa sound modules
and not finding what it needs.  You probably have your sound card
configured with OSS modules, so alsa is pretty much irrelevant, but
probably installed as a package dependency..

--
There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million
keyboards for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare