Re: adaptec 1505 / potato

I finally succeded in installing the board. Its more a setup problem than a
typically debian quaestion.

1) in the bios setup
I left all the interrupts as PnP execpt #10 which is configured on the board
(11 is the default but there was an IRQ conflict with the graphics adapter
under win). #10 is reserved for legacy ISA boards in the manual bios setup.

2) All aha152x options at boot time, in lilo.conf or modules.conf fail. I have
to use  insmod aha152x aha152x=0x340,10. I think that it is the only way to
skip the adapter bios probe, madatory since this dumb card doens't have one.
Probably for the same reason, modprobe fails.

Now, I have a question regarding debian boot process :

where is the right place to insmod the module ?
I can write a simple script with the insmod line and put it in /etc/init.d. Ok
?
Then I have to make a link from directories for the run-level I want the
scanner to be usable by everyone. Which run-level is it ? What must be the
name of this link ?

thanks.