Re: Linuxconfig opinions

Peter Hugosson-Miller wrote:
> Other than that, is linuxconfig a 'good thing', or does it have security
> problems associated with it that one ought to know about?

Are you referring to linuxconf?  If so, I've nothing good to say about it.
I once made the mistake of trying linuxconf.  I then needed a day and a half
to fix my system back to a usable state, and another three days (roughly) to
find everything alse that got completely buggered.

Never again will I trust something like linuxconf.  I'll stick with editing
config files myself.  At least then I'll know what got changed where, unlike
when using linuxconf.  Sure, there's more to learn.  But it's *worth it*.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.