XFree86 4.0.1

Hi,

I upgraded XFree86 yesterday to 4.0.1 and had several problems in
WindowMaker with the color mapping, ie can't find "black", "white" etc and
I'd like to go back to 3.3.6 for awhile until things settle down. I
downgraded xserver-common, removed the new xserver for 4.0.1, and
reinstalled the 3.3.6 xserver-svga. Next I ran XF86Setup and configured the
server. When X started, my cursor is now a big, nasty square.

What else do I need to do to get back to a stable XFree86 server?

Thanks for the help!

Michael Heyes