Re: /var/spool/mail on NFS

Thus spake A Mennucc1 (debian@enteract.com):

> I have two machines with Debian potato on it,
> and kernel 2.2.17; first one is called Tonelli,
> second one is called Fubini
>
> I have install  nfs-common and nfs-server on both
>
> when I try to read my email using mutt, it says
>
>  fcntl errno = 37
>
> and the mailbox is readonly
>
> exim  at Fubini is also not able to lock
> and deliver email

Use nfs-kernel-server, the userspace nfsd does not have the needed locking
functionality.  Plus, it's tons faster and a lot more reliable, which is
always a good thing(tm).

--
 oneiros (oneiros@darkspire.net) 1024D/62C2F77D           941432434515
 url: http://www.darkspire.net/  EBB8 AF14 8C43 2F12 7623 126593210518