Exporting list of installed packages

I currently have a Debian server with a very large (but finite) number
of packages installed.  I'll be replacing it with a new server soon,
and to ease the migration I'm looking for a way to tell the new server
to install all the packages that the old server currently has installed.
It would take hours to select them all by hand, so I'm looking for
some way to export the list of installed packages on the old server
to a file, and tell apt or dselect on the new server to install those
packages.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--
Craig McPherson