Re: libc6 problem after apt-get

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 06:27:49AM -0400, Joel Dinel wrote:

> After doing a routine apt-get dist-upgrade, I started having mail
> problems.

That's the reward of naively trusting unstable/woody.  There have been
new libc6 packages uploaded which make it necessary to recompile lots
of other packages.  Woody has ceased being compatible with Potato.

> I dit an apt-get remove and apt-get install of libc6, still not working.

Remove the unstable/woody entry from /etc/apt/sources.list and
reinstall the Potato libc6 versions.  It is eventually necessary to
get them via FTP and install them manually with "dpkg -i *.deb"
because apt-get can't handle downgrades (this will change some time).

                                   Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------