Re: Can gpm and X live in peace?

Steve Juranich wrote:
> Could somebody plaase tell me how I can run gpm and X run at the same time?

There is a documented feature of gpm that enables some sort of a "pipe"
between it and X. According to man 8 gpm the option is -R. It will
create a fifo named /dev/gpmdata, and X can use it as a mouse port, so
check the man page.
I used this option some time ago, but since I have changed my US$2.00
mouse for a "branded" trackball, I don't need it anymore.
The -R option can cause some sluggishness with the X cursor, so be
careful.

Claudio