Re: Does debian install sendmail?

Debian uses exim by default (previously smail was used).  There is a
sendmail package available, however, which includes a sendmailconfig
script which will allow you to do as you describe (or you can modify
sendmail.mc directly and run sendmailconfig to create sendmail.cf).

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen