Re: Refusing mail if via ISP? [was Re: apology]

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 01:55:44AM -0400, Mike Werner wrote:
> brian moore wrote:
> <snip>
> > My solution is simply to refuse all mail from
> > webmaster@my.netvigator.com with postfix:
> >
> > Sep 23 16:58:25 bifur postfix/smtpd[3101]: reject: RCPT from
> >     imsmdm002.netvigator.com[208.167.231.173]: 550
> >     <webmaster@my.netvigator.com>: Sender address rejected: Learn how SMTP
> >     works and why envelope sender is important.;
> >     from=<webmaster@my.netvigator.com> to=<bem@cmc.net>
>
> I get my email through my ISP's POP server via a regular dial-up connection.
> Can I still do things like what you show here *and* have the error message
> go to the intended victim ... er, receipient?

Only if you have root on their mail server. :)

You -could- do something similar with procmail, but it's really not the
same effect.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting