Re: Debian rescue-cd (instead of those spartanic rescue-disk)?

1) the Linuxcare Bootable Biz card CD will do some of this
(http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd

it will install a Slink+1/2, among other things.

2) Lubbock, my own project spunoff from the Linuxcare one,  and a major
goal of Lubbock is to become much more Debian-ish, and can always use more
developers (I've been too busy lately, and it's languished)

http://lubbock.sourceforge.net

Feel free to contribute....