Branden confuses me with his recommendations for XF86 4.01 debs

	Dear colleagues,

	I have a computer that its videocard seems to require XFree86 4.01. I use
Potato.
	I searched for stuff available, and when I decided to use the binary
packages, while looking for info related to Debian with XF 4.01, I found a
letter in XF86 page mailing lists by Branden Robinson (the maintainer of
the XFree86 debianized packages) that said the following:

"Debian users may prefer to try my preliminary XFree86 4.0.1 .debs instead
of installing from the XFree86 tarballs."

	This is very nice, but in the X Strike Force page, maintained by him, I read

"Phase 2 .debs of XFree86 4.0 are now available. These are retrievable with
apt, and should upgrade smoothly from version 3.3.6 of XFree86, *but please
note that they are for testing, not general-purpose use,* "

	Branden continues:

"and the library packages should definitely should not be used to compile
packages for upload to Debian."

	Well, I am newbie. What do I do? I won't upload anything to Debian, but I
consider I'll give Xfree86 a "general-purpose use".

	I'd like to know if this is a decent question. Some days before I sent
here a question that actually was very stupid, because the answer was in
the docs (thanks to all repliers!). I take very seriously the large amount
of questions posted here and I'd like to reduce my trash sent at the minimum.

	Thanks for your attention,

	Ignasi