Re: apt-get tut

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 01:23:40PM -0600, Ray Percival wrote:
> How does one find out what packages are out there?

try apt-cache search <package or keyword>, man apt-cache

> I'm looking for helix code Gnome 1.2 in particular but would really like

try

deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main

in your /etc/apt/sources.list (youre supposed to have woody, but i tried it
in potato and all went fine).

> general info. Also is X 4.x apt-getable and if not how do you do a .deb

go to http://www.debian.org/~branden/ for info on X4 for debian. i installed
it because i wanted my dual-head matrox workin', everything went like a
charm, but YMMV.

good luck,

alberto