RE: advanced power management and linux?

OK Here's the latest
P/S outside computer (sitting on top of case cover insulated
by two wooden chopsticks). Fan disconnected (looks like
cutting the wire didn't cause the P/S to panic).
P/S case removed. The two aluminum (?) heat sinks that came
with the P/S are too hot to touch for more than about one
second. Getting additional heat sinks RSN..
chris