Re: Another Poll (Update)

    Will> On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 10:40:28PM +0000, Pollywog wrote:

    Will> you may be innocent, but the term you're probably looking
    Will> for is 'naive', as in 'call him "an innocent" because he's
    Will> naive'.

I'd call that simply "good"... I like trust.  Call me naïve... :-}

    >> I agree that it is unfair and that it makes the results
    >> meaningless.

    Will> if they'd mask every response on, say n.n.n.0/24 or
    Will> something like that they'd be able to weed out more dups
    Will> (but of course those of us with access to several
    Will> points-of-entry -- or anonymizers -- could still skew the
    Will> curve).

And those who are on dialups would not be able to vote even once is
someone else on their subnet already had voted (or even on their
current IP, before they had got it).

    Will> i only voted once, tho... :)

Honest people seem hard to come by these days, so I applaud you.

Honest! ;-)

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326