Re: booting with lilo win2k

Bob McGowan <rmcgowan@veritas.com> writes:

> This is just a guess on my part, but you may actually need to have
> "other=" pointing somewhere else.  If you have support in your kernel
> for NTFS and/or FAT/VFAT, you could try mounting the Windows/DOS
> filesystems you have and look for the one which has NTLDR on it.

Bob, thanks a lot!  Your guess was absolutely correct.  I had a fat16
partition at hda3 prior to installing w2k in a brand-new NTFS
partition at hda1.  It did install its installer into hda3 for
whatever reason (without prompting).  Pointing other to hda3 resolved
the situation!

Thanks again,
--
Arcady Genkin